Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy 1st day of Spring!

I'm so glad this winter is over. Don't get me wrong. Certain things are fun, cuddling up next to the fire & watching a movie, eating hot soup, & snow ball fights! But spring! It says it all.. I get a little spring in my step just thinking of it!

The motivation was clear yesterday, despite the reports for rain and the wind working effortlessly to gather the clouds together. Mike and I started the beginning of a long project in the yard. I cleaned out scrap wood stacked in our once beautiful garden box and picked up garbage that had found it's way into our back yard after a long winter. I ripped up the once beautiful fruitful plants from the garden and made room for new seeds! Yes, we are doing seeds this year! YIKES!
This year we are adding cucumbers, carrots, snap peas, red onions, beef tomatoes, to our garden in addition to last years tomatoes, peppers of every kind (jalapeno, Serrano, sweet, etc), squash, and herbs, herbs herbs...

Before Pictures:












Speaking of herbs, we also started our rock wall under our new deck where we are going to have our herb/flower garden. The soil was to low to comply with code, so a raised garden was the perfect functional remedy! I'm super excited about it! :) So much fresh edibles! :) YAY

While I was busy doing that stuff, mike was using his mighty man muscles to transplant trees from the back yard to the front and back again.. not an easy job! But he's the man to do it!

We had a great morning working out there and by 1pm we were done and ready for some in&out burgers! So we drove our dirty wind-blown selves down and joined the gluttonous "animal style" crowd of burger eaters!

The afternoon was spent in the kitchen making oatmeal, white chocolate, butterscotch, dark chocolate, coconut, pecan cookies for our NEW neighbors. (YES, all of that is packed into one little cookie) As of now, we are still eating them and our neighbors have no idea what is in store for them (us)!

Hitting the gym hard this week!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, seriously... this is the third time I've typed this comment. Drake is not helping.

    Good luck with the seeds. I want a garden so bad, on my 40x40 jealous!

    Your cookies sound delish and In & Out, my stomach is growling!!

    ReplyDelete