Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The nursery update...

My Handy man is excited for me to blog about our progress in the nursery. He has been hard at work and it's to the point we are seeing the vision becoming a wee bit more tangible. We have found a lighter turquoise for the wall that doesn't scream "HEY I'M AN AQUARIUM" and Mike hung the groove paneling and crown molding which looks AMAZING! I love my handy man! We painted most of the trim and paneling with a nice vanillaish called "mother of pearl". It matches our crib (that we are both in-love with) perfectly and we plan to paint our custom wall piece and rocking chair with the same color. matchy matchy? Nah! I've fashioned some rather large letters to match the bedding and we are in the middle of expanding her closet to fit two rows of adorable little lovelies that i can't wait to get her in! We also painted the ceiling and closet a light pink, which adds just the right amount of girly!












Sunday morning Mike got up very quietly thinking I was still sleeping and he quietly took the pieces to the crib one by one out of our room into the nursery to assemble. He has been getting really excited and I love to watch him. I captured a few of those moments. Take a peek.. (hee hee)











Needless to say... I got up soon after to join him, and we stood back embracing each other and imagined our little baby girl sleeping peacefully in her room that has been prepared with so much love!!

We love you Eden Grace

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous room, but sleeping peacefully? hahahah!
    I type this as my not so little boy is laying next to me in MY bed and his adorable little nursery is abandoned just next door.

    great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you chose. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete