Sunday, October 2, 2011

Baby showers = FUN!!!

















I had a second baby shower Sept 17 (Holly's birthday) Fortunately, that didn't keep her from coming. I was so happy to have her there to celebrate with me. My AWESOME visiting teacher Brooke organized the whole thing and did a great job. Cooking 4 different kinds of bread and great food. I seriously don't know how she does it with 4 boys. She invited many of the girls from my ward who I haven't taken the opportunity to get to know and it really meant a lot to see how many girls are willing to celebrate this exciting time and get to know me. I felt unworthy of their love but VERY grateful.

My cousins & aunt made it and I was pleasantly surprised to see them. It made me so grateful for family and inspires me to be more active in their lives. Another fun surprise was my friend Melody. I met her while I was in CT living and she is such an amazing girl. I had an instant connection to her. Unfortunately, she moved back to UT after a year of the east coast, and we have remained in touch for the last 12 years but haven't seen each other for 10! Seeing her really made me remember what a great person she is and why I still remain in touch. I was also happy to have Mikes mom take the day off to join in the fun, and also my sister in law Taylor who has become a great friend. Mike also joined in with all the girls and stayed the entire time. He's good like that! He is my best friend and not having him there to share the moment with wouldn't have felt right. Plus, he never misses an opportunity to partake in Brooks food! :) (I know the real reason) ha ha

This baby shower was great in so many ways. It made me grateful for the blessing this little girl is going to be to my life and a reminder of all the many more I have currently. I found a greater appreciation for the girls in my ward, for my family, my extended family, and for meaningful friendships... and perhaps a deeper acceptance of myself and my worthiness for love!

Baby Eden is already changing my perspective and I know she is going to open my eyes to more blessings and a deeper love for everyone around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment