Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Blogging seems to be a thing of the past..

I don't understand how moms blog. I'm new to this and I'm finding out how hard it is to do anything/everything. How do working moms juggle? Holy cow! I need lessons. I figured it would be as easy as 123 I mean, Ive babysat before being a mom and it was so simple.. then I realized why. My job was to play with the baby. Period. Not clean house, laundry, dishes, shopping, cooking, and still have time for things I should be doing.. such as exercising... or even things I want to do, like be crafty and artsy and such as. I have a lot to learn but first and foremost I'm learning I come last.

So I'm spending my days with the most adorable little girl on the planet and trying to watch her every move. I don't want to miss a single coo. Her personality is magnetic. I watch her discovering the world around her and I am mesmerized by her curiosity. I know how much she eats, when she needs a diaper change, and when she hasn't pooped. I know when she's tired, what makes her happy, or when she is bored with me. I've got this girl down!! I know how much she has grown, what she still fits in to and what she has grown out of, I know when she does something new, when she wants to be in my arms and when she wants to be left alone. However, I don't know when the last time was that I took a shower or brushed my hair or even got dressed for the day. I take TONS of pictures of her and I make sure not even my hand is in the shot! I'm dreadful but happier then I've ever been.

I'm a first time mom and a first time wife and I'm easing into the changes to somehow discover BALANCE. I want to devote my time to miss Eden Grace and to my loving husband but I also don't want to get lost in their lives. Some may think this is selfish, but I think its crucial for my health and happiness. So if anyone has any words of advise on how to maintain that balance, I want to hear from you. Whether you maintain it with 1 child or 1o. I'm all ears... but sorry, my hands are full! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Heidi!!! I am so excited to hear from your blog again and to see you guys Saturday! Here's the thing- you DON'T come last. Happy Mama is happy baby and happy house. It is so so so hard and you can feel selfish, but taking some much-needed "you" time to shower or craft or whatever you want to do will make you that much more refreshed and happy and ready to give even more to Miss Eden. Taking care of you IS taking care of her. The honest truth I can tell you is the thing that helps me the most and that is making time to read my scriptures....I know so "churchy" of an answer but I swear it is the only thing that really makes my days run smoothly. And as with everything in life...don't think about perfection, think about progress! You really DON'T have to do everything all right this minute. Love you and trust me, you are doing just fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you're doing great. My advice is to get a babysitter a few hours a week. And don't feel guilty about it.(that's the key). Everyone needs me time. It is rough and you will constantly need to adjust and grow with each stage. Take it from someone who is adjusting to the terrible 2s! But tomorrow is a new day so if you have a bad day, don't dwell on it. Just move on with a smile.

    And no matter how long it has been since you have showered, you are one of the most beautiful people I know, so I'm sure you make grunge look good :)

    ReplyDelete