Saturday, February 19, 2011

Beautiful Day!!

Okay, so this post might make my snobby CT friends judge! Don't judge.. I'm frugal! :)

I heard from the nurse at my Dr's office, that a salon in Provo was having a February Special! Everyone likes a good deal and I'm no different. During this month you can get 4services for $20! To good to be true??? Well sort of... But I recruited my sister Holly to join me anyway. A day of beauty sounded fun!!!!

We arrived with full makeup face and our first service was a facial! Who doesn't like a little anti-aging moisturizing cream? Sign me Up! So bye bye makeup and hello clean pours. Our second service was a pedicure! Those who know me know that my toes are a pedicurists biggest nightmare. They gently hug each other which makes the paint process a little difficult-- but aside from the asian lady I went to in CT "oh you so tall feet so small, so sorry, so sorry" they usually don't complain. I came up with an evil plan....I took the focus off my feet to tell them that my sisters toes have names. Jumbo shrimp, ET, cashew, peanut, and shrimp! P.s. No one cares, except for me and I think it's hilarious! :)

Our third treatment was the least impressive! I don't think it was as much the polish as it was the technique. I don't find painting the SAME nail over and over again until the polish is sticky and clumpy to be a great way to create devoted clientele but apparently we all have different opinions! So fine!
Our forth and last treatment was a hair style! I've always found it hard to speak the same language with a stylist, apparently English isn't a language of familiarity. 1" cut turns into 4" , long swoopy bangs, turns into a1 inch stubble across the forehead that is almost to short to put a a bobby pin in, & as I learned from this NEW girl "loose curls" translate into a look that you would imagine if Shirley temple & Medusa pro-created! But luck was on my side.. it was raining out! :)
Holly had much more success! THANKFULLY! Her hair was lightly curled, her nails stayed pink and smooth and Jumbo, ET, cashew, peanut, and shrimp were all happy with there newest applied color! Over all it was a great day, and we had fun together. A day of relaxation, laughter, and beauty with a few flaws was $20 well spent! Plus a makeup free face over lunch and shopping was a nice way to spend my Saturday!

I had planned to take before and after shots of our day of beauty but I was just having WAY to much fun...& forgot! :) and :(

I came home to find a surprise from my thoughtful husband. My Counter-top was full. Check out how thoughtful my hubby is... I'm so loved.

I'm so excited about my mixer "kitchen aid". I made my waffles this morning and homemade bread right now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment