Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Current house project: Edens Nursery

Our latest house project has a deadline and it is quickly approaching. I'm so grateful that this pregnancy has gone by so fast..... well, so far. :) I have been collecting items at antique stores, consignment shops, & of course online. I'm trying to use my creative side for the hopefully unique and adorable finished look. :) So far this is the room we are working with. Loooooong way to go.






It started with this crib & we ordered it in antique white. Our most expensive baby item thus far:









We think we are sold on this Pottery barn bedding:










Then we found this dresser at an antique store for $200. Notice how the nobies/spindles match the crib.







This is my latest find... a $30 price tag with matching spindles!! I think a coat of paint and new chair cushions will be perfect.









These frames I found in Ocean City with my sister Hailey. I imagine a can of spray paint are going to make these the cutest things on my wall.






I found this $9 mirror with my sister Holly and this $2 picture frame holder. These also need a good spray and they will be perfect.









These flower picture frames I found at a dollar store and imagine either painting them or using scrapbook paper to cover them and putting all 3 of our faces in the flower part. Any other ideas...?






The biggest project in this room is going to be this bookcase/hutch that is going to surround our antique dresser. Lots of storage for books, toys, & pictures will sit upon these shelves. Mike recruited his friend to build it for us for a fraction of the cost we have been finding online. I'm excited to see the finished product!




So that's what is going on here. Lots of projects coming up.. and a quickly approaching deadline to meet! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment