Monday, January 17, 2011

Garden of EAT'n


What can I say... my handy man amazes me and I love to watch him work. He knows how to do EVERYTHING and he gets so excited to do it. The best/worst part about it is that what I casually suggest, becomes his next project.. and once he has something on his mind, there is NO STOPPING HIM. :)

It all started at the beginning of summer when I would come over to visit. He had this great area in his/our back yard full of weeds and needing some TLC... I suggested a veggie garden, before I knew it.. WE had one. Thanks to Marilyn and Lemont (Mikes Parents) and Tyler (Mikes Brother) for moving big boulders. It has been amazing. We grew zucchinis the size of large newborns, yummy herbs, jalapenos that could melt your tongue, green peppers, watermelon, squash, and tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes.. we are STILL producing. I’ve enjoyed making salsa, pasta sauce, zucchini bread, zucchini lasagna, my rendition of my sister Heathers Pesto using our herbs..which was NOT near as good as hers. Today I made jalapeno muffins and jalapeno jelly. It is my first time canning so I have my fingers crossed that it works. It might be all I’m doing with next years garden. Here are a few pics..

No comments:

Post a Comment