Monday, January 17, 2011

Warm to VERY COOL!!

First you need to be inspired This painting mike bought me last year for my birthday is not only beautiful but it is also our inspiration for the LIVING ROOM!


The warm cozy living room got transformed to something “cooler” less then a day after moving my stuff in to “our” new home. (Mikes house) I will admit I had some hesitation about moving in with him. I was thinking it would be better to start off with something new together... instead I had the worry of how our stuff was going to blend and how we were going to make it our place, instead of his place. I didn’t expect Mike to be so accommodating and excited for change. I guess he likes my style a “yiddle” bit.! :)

This is the room where he got started.. maybe it was my white furniture mixed with his palm tree furniture, or the painful effect it had on our eyeballs- that inspired him to revamp the room, but a new coat of blue paint was on the taped up wall in less then 24 hours. Luckily we had some samples laying around for ideas we have for the basement and he picked this one. I think it turned out well, but we still have some furniture to buy. Specifically the side chair. It is potterybarn usually priced at 1k+ and we found it at Downeast for $500+ so we felt good about our savings and decided to hold off on buying it at PB and become stalkers at our 3 nearest DE locations. 2 months later... still no luck. No worries, Mikes couch is filling it’s spot until we find it! (so keep your eyes pealed for us) So FAMILY.. if you want a place to sit when you come to visit. Now is the time. I think the chair is going to eliminate seating by 3 count! Unfortunately, Mike doesn't’ think a sectional or a love seat is going to fit! We continue to agree to disagree! I love being in love! ha ha :)

*UPDATE!!!!!! I won that battle! Look how much seating we have now.. My Christmas present from Micheal was exactly what I wanted! :) LOVE HIM!!! :)



























Holly and I getting into the hard to reach area’s! You may not be able to see Holly... she’s in camouflage grubbys. “snicker snicker” and I'm having a moment of zen.. Renovation can be STRESSFUL!! ;) Thanks Holly!!! :)












The above pictures are of Holly and my victory dance after clearing that space in the unfinished basement. The middle picture is of Mikes surprise upon seeing it for the first time. (psst.. Mikes acting surprised for photo op) Although, I know he really did appreciate it! He’s good like that! Holly and I sneezed for about 5 hours due to the dust bunnies >> those suckers know how to reproduce.. 10 fold!

My mom came to visit a few weeks later, and she was kind enough to bring here sewing machine. After bringing home several fabric samples, Mike picked his favorite and my mom began fashioning the ottoman cover and pillows to tie the room all together. How do you think they look? I am having a hard time with the pattern. It reminds me of an old mans beach towel.... I’m just sayin....






Well, what I’m saying is, that I’ve been keeping an eye out for less “old man beach towel” fabric.. :) I’ve got ideas! Here are 3 that look great but I can't decide which I love best...
Aren't they sooooooooo cute!!! At $40 a yard they better be! Gulp!














After all the changes in the living room, the kitchen needed a little bit of change! I woke up to ONE blue cabinet, that has now been sanded back to it's original color (your welcome), but to bring in some of the living room colors, I arranged a few of Mike and My items along the top of the cabinets. We are happy with it.... FOR NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment