Friday, January 28, 2011

SouthWORTH bringing in the new Year!

Family, Friends, and Sparkling Cider! Oh MY!












So this past year has included a lot of changes in my life.
New state, new town, new job, new freedom, new home, new husband, new family, new friends, etc. It's been Scary but Awesome!!! I can't imagine what is around the corner for 2011! I just know that my family has just been extended with a bunch of GREAT GREAT people.
So, who better to bring in the new year with?? Our house became Party Central!!!!! Anyone and Everyone who was a Southworth knew where to be on new years eve!! :) ha ha We had his family from CA, CO, WY and cousins & wife's and kids from California and LONDON and grandma from Oregon and friends of the family and so on... it turned out to be a great time. Mikes parents brought guitars and played and sang. Mikes sister Kristen made some DELICIOUS split pea soup and fresh bread (that unfortunately only fed half of us.) Sorry guys.. you really missed out! ;) And we made sure to lay out a variety of snacks to nibble on. Probably not sufficient for the amount of people.... BUT we had Sparkling cider to fill that empty hole! We had about 2 dozen bottles!... Now that is a Party! ;)

The kids all played well together, the adults laughed and talked, and mike and I reflected on our love for each other and our wonderful families! :) Okay... maybe we weren't that cheesy and we really didn't do that... BUT we are VERY grateful for both! xoxo
The countdown began and we all joined in... 3.....2.......1.... KISS! Clinked our Dixie cups full of cider and the rest is a fog! What was in that Cider?!?!?!?! ;)

I know what you are all thinking.... "you must be the party planner extraordinaire for them to travel all those distances" Although this isn't too far from the truth! JUST KIDDING! It wasn't me who got everyone here or my prize winning hostess skills (totally not true), it was this little guy Wyatt Doan who came into this world recently and brought us all together. YaY!!
Isn't he adorable! I'm in Love! :)
He was being blessed on Sunday and we filed into the church for a very special day and following that we all headed over to his house for a celebration. I was lucky enough to hold him MOST of the time. I decided that I was not going to offer him to anyone but if anyone asked I would sadly hand him over. Luck was on my side! :) We bonded!

It was a great way to bring in the new year and very memorable! I am so happy to be a part of such a fun family and I look forward to future parties! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment